Monday, January 14, 2008

Quality Surgery, Guaranteed!

It's almost sad that this is newsworthy, but a hospital in Pennsylvania has elected to stop charging people for fixing it's own mistakes.

In other words, if the hospital cuts off the wrong leg or causes you an infection and you require additional treatment *because of the hospital's wrongdoing*, they'll fix it free of charge. I know. It sounds CRAZY right? Anyway, hit the link for the Times article.

How come Pennsylvania always seems to be at the front of these sorts of things? I think it must have something to do with the high Welsh population... all that common sense must permeate somehow :o)

0 comments:

Disclosures and Disclaimers

Disclosures

My employer is compensated through funding to provide analytical research, technology solutions, and Web-based public and private health care performance reports by the State of New York, the State of Illinois, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the Commonwealth Fund and Bridges to Excellence. I am not being compensated by any of these organisations to create articles for or make edits to this Web site or any other medium; and all posts authored by me are as an individual and do not represent my employer or the agencies I work for.