Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I Told You So

"Have them take it out, it's not even necessary". Amidst all the appendixotic shenanigans of this year, people kept reciting this to me. "The appendix is vestigial". "The appendix is useless". "You don't even need it".

Now, I'm not a god-fearing man. I don't subscribe to creationism and only slightly less non-subscribing to evolution. I live in the here and now, and if my body saw fit to grow an appendix then dammit it's there for a reason. I dodged having the thing removed for a long time over this.

Apparently it's where all the good germs live (Science Daily).

So, in some form of anti-Jaz spite contest, the medical community held back on letting the world know what the appendix is for until I had mine removed.

Bah.

0 comments:

Disclosures and Disclaimers

Disclosures

My employer is compensated through funding to provide analytical research, technology solutions, and Web-based public and private health care performance reports by the State of New York, the State of Illinois, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the Commonwealth Fund and Bridges to Excellence. I am not being compensated by any of these organisations to create articles for or make edits to this Web site or any other medium; and all posts authored by me are as an individual and do not represent my employer or the agencies I work for.